New Insurance Agent Marketing Ideas
Creating content that engages your audience means more than just posting the same old information.
Insurance brokers and agents must leave superficial content behind in favor of a good mix of original, curated, and canned content. By that we mean a selection of insurance focused blogs, articles, and videos that explore a relevant topic, offer insights or shed light, and generally get prospects to notice you..
The New Digital Marketing Landscape for Insurance
Insurance brokers and agents look at the new digital landscape and some start to sweat. Why? Because digital marketing is like a child who keeps outgrowing their clothes. Just when you think you’ve found the right fit, it’s time to move on to a whole new wardrobe.
And everyone has a different idea on the latest and greatest marketing strategies.
“If your independent agency isn’t on Instagram, you’re missing the boat.”
“Get your brokerage more likes on Facebook or your competitors will.”
And so on…
Insurance marketing gurus pitch new insurance agent marketing ideas, you try them out and wonder why they didn’t work like they were supposed to. It turns out the best marketing for insurance agencies and brokerages is content marketing. Keep reading to learn about creative marketing ideas for insurance agents that get results.
Insurance Marketing Videos May Be The Holy Grail After All
Well researched and well-written blog posts and articles will continue to be one of the best marketing ideas for insurance agents, but they might not be enough to build your brand, create loyalty, and grow your business as fast or as much as you want.
If you only target prospects who read blogs and articles, you’re missing out on all the potential leads who prefer only videos, audio, or a mix of content mediums.
According to Nielsen, U.S. adults over 18 now spend over six hours a day consuming video content. And they’re watching video everywhere: on live TV, recorded TV, and especially smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktop computers, game consoles, and other internet-connected devices.
Here’s a quick guide to how you can create valuable content that converts:
- Research keywords and topics
- Plan what the content will cover (and why)
- Write a script and shoot a video
- Create graphics, grab screenshots, or consider writing a related blog post or even repurposing the audio for a future podcast
- Promote your video and related content across multiple channels
To harness the power of insurance marketing videos, you’re going to need a strategy.
- Always work with a specific goal in mind. Do you want to increase your user engagement? Do you want your insurance marketing videos to go viral? Do you want prospects to contact you? Or do you want to generate conversions to grow your book of business?
- Give your audience fresh insights for specific topics. Create videos designed to engage your audience with valuable information presented in words and images that reflect their “language.” Are you targeting Millennials who are immersed in technology and prefer casual communications? Or are you reaching out to an older demographic who prefer a more traditional approach? Understand your target prospects and give them the information they need in the form they prefer.
- Give your insurance marketing video viewers something new. Being original is difficult, but when you take the time to research your target audience, you can generate innovative content and find new ways to communicate existing ideas.
Video Marketing Ideas for Insurance Agents
According to Oberlo, 85% of all Internet users in the U.S. watch video content monthly, and the demand for video content is increasing. More than half of consumers want to see more video content from businesses and brands, and the insurance industry is no exception. Here are three insurance agent video marketing ideas to get you started:
- Customer Onboarding Video
We already know many of our prospects and clients spend a considerable amount of time online and that they prefer video. When you create a customer onboarding video, you can connect with new clients on a personal level you can’t achieve with other mediums.
According to HubSpot, four times as many customers would prefer to watch a video about a service or product than read about it. Use a welcoming customer video that is warm and friendly to assure new customers that they’ve made the right decision. Your video can include answers to frequently asked questions, an overview of your expertise, and a host of other valuable information quickly and concisely.
- Customer Testimonial Videos
Eighty-eight percent of people trust online reviews as much as a recommendation from someone they know. This social proof is a very powerful marketing tool that insurance agencies and brokerages can’t afford to ignore. Your prospects and clients want to hear from real people like themselves who have experience with your brand. They want to know they can trust you and that you have solutions to their problems. What better way to build trust than through your satisfied customers’ own words?
- Claims Process Guide
Insurance claims are routine for insurance agents, but they can be confusing for customers. When a customer files a claim, it’s a golden opportunity to create a great user experience. Don’t leave the claims process to chance: The easier and quicker the claims process, the better the customer experience. Give your customers a video overview of the claims process, reassure them, and provide access to relevant resources.
It’s time to get creative with new insurance agent marketing ideas and Agency Revolution can help get you started with our Attract™ marketing platform. We’ll help you create original, informative content with blog posts, articles, and insurance marketing videos that are personalized for targeted prospects.