How to Use Automation to Improve the Client Experience


How to Use Automation to Improve the Client Experience blog article from Agency Revolution

It’s true in every field, but perhaps even more so for insurance–it all comes down to the customer’s experience. According to PWC, 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for great customer experience. A Walker study found that 2020 is the first year that customer experience will overtake price and product as a brand’s primary differentiator.

So how can you reliably improve customer experience at your agency? The answer is insurance marketing automation. By harnessing the power of an automated marketing suite for your insurance agency, you can provide your clients and prospects an impressive and appealing user experience, which in turn brings you more leads and higher customer retention. Discover how you can use marketing automation to transform your agency experience.


Four ways to improve your client/prospect User Experience (UX):  

1. Establish your brand persona with a professionally designed logo and defined colors

It only takes about 50 milliseconds (0.05 seconds) for people to form an opinion about your website. It is paramount that the visual presentation of your website is clean, appealing, and intuitive. When you have a cohesive insurance agency branding across your marketing materials, it’s easier to make the connection with your customers. Start with a professionally-designed logo to make your brand recognizable no matter where it’s seen.

Along with a logo, it’s important to define brand colors for your insurance agency branding. A University of Loyola study said that choosing consistent brand colors can increase recognition by up to 80%. You can even consider consulting a color psychology guide to select brand colors based on what they mean. Pick whichever one you like, but stick with it!

2. Demonstrate consistency by delivering quality content through automated email campaigns

Selling insurance can be a waiting game. Customers and prospects may know about you, but until they NEED your services, you might not hear from them. That moment could be months or even years from when you first meet them. How do you stay top-of-mind all that time? Through consistent automated email campaigns.

When you are communicating with a client or prospect on a regular basis, the primary goal of your emails is to deliver quality content. Email is a key element of insurance marketing automation because with every email, you’re anchoring your agency to helpful, engaging content.

3. Understand the topics that interest and concern your audience with automated analytics

According to an IBM and Econsultancy study, 80% of elite marketers say that mapping the customer journey through analytics is ‘highly valuable’ and the remaining 20% claim it is ‘quite valuable’. Watching your analytics can tell you a lot about what brought the prospect to the door of your insurance agency. 

Rob Yoegel, VP of Marketing at Gaggle, shared his advice on measuring the performance of content assets: 

“By analyzing the source of conversions/traffic, you can better understand what content resonates and what audiences are valuable to the business.” 

Automated analytics allow you to define which topics will be the focus of your marketing content. You can continually personalize your content stream to each customer type or need for a more effective insurance marketing automation strategy.

4. Make the ask easier and more appealing with automated referral campaigns 

It is impossible to understate the importance of referrals. Referrals are the strongest variety of lead, and yet, many insurance agents are hesitant to ask for them. To make asking for referrals easier, agents need a strong referral program. 

Nick Andrews, Channel Partner Marketing Manager at Liberty Mutual once told us: 

“Every year at Safeco and Liberty, we survey our fastest-growing agents. This year both personal lines and business lines have said that the number one source of new business is a formalized referral program. Having that in place is another key building block.”

The Agency Revolution automated referral program helps you reach out once a quarter with a non-intrusive email asking for referrals. 

Your clients may answer right away, or they may see those emails for years before recommending someone, but a consistent email campaign dramatically increases the chances of getting a referral. 

Through quality, consistent communications, you can significantly improve the experience your customers and prospects have with your insurance agency.

Insurance marketing automation allows you to keep up that level of quality user experience and will turn your marketing software into a growth engine for your agency.

Webinar Replay: Crafting the Ultimate Client Experience

WATCH NOW